Friday, June 1, 2012

We can make a difference

Ethics. It is probably the hardest subject to talk about because we all have different opinions. In my Ethics class we talked about vegetarianism and we brought it down to sentience. Sentience is the ability to feel pain. If animals have sentience then it is wrong to kill them but if they don’t them it doesn’t matter. That’s what the class decided, what we couldn’t decide is if animals had sentience or not. I thought that the video that we watched in class was tough. It is a mild version to other videos out there but it was hurtful. I’m not sure how we got to the point where we treat animals like this but we got there. In the readings there was the story of the one-hundredth pencil. I really enjoyed it. I think that is what we are doing. We are all making a choice and change will be seen. One city chose to change and it made a difference. We can make a difference too buy the choices that we make when we go to the store. I think that is what I learned most out of the class. I learned that we can make a difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment