Monday, June 4, 2012

from Amanda
Week Four Blog
This last week's class was probably the most difficult and interesting for me.  I have always been upset by the treatment of the animals in the meat industry, but talking about it was intense for me.  The video that we watched in class was especially difficult!  Actually seeing what happens to the animals that we eat made me more sure than ever that I want to not be a part of the consumption of meat. I was shocked and appalled at the way the workers treated the animals as if they were not living beings.  They were so cold and withdrawn from the entire process, as if in their minds they were not registering what they were doing.  I think that if our society actually knew what was going on behind the closed doors of the slaughterhouses, if we actually saw videos like the one that we watched in class and everybody knew what happened to the animals, there would be a whole lot les meat consumption in the United States.  I think it would also cause the meat industry to be re-evaluated, replanned, and rebuilt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment