Monday, June 4, 2012

from Joey
Week 3

The Italian meal that we ate was the best food I have ever eaten. I have never tasted something with SO much flavor. It is unreal how ignorant people can be in thinking that you can only get that much flavor from meat. There is a lot of flavor in what you put on meat, but the only meat that I think actually has its own flavor is bacon. I have not eaten a whole meal since that one because the nutrients in it have kept me so full! I never miss meals, so this is a rare and odd occurrence for me to not be starving come dinnertime. I absolutely loved how the taco salad made me feel. It was so light and filling. The flavor was really unique in it too. The thousand island dressing didn’t make me feel as guilty as normal thousand island. I liked that.
I wanted to listen to my body last night. I was craving a burger, and after not eating meat for a very long time, I decided I would give my body what it wanted. The burger itself did not make me sick, which is what I thought would happen like the typical reaction of a vegan to a meat product. I felt so heavy. I felt like shit. I had been eating like a king of vegetables, and feeling so healthy and young. I couldn’t move, I lay down on my boyfriends gross and dirty wood floor and felt defeated. I gave my body its’ craving, only to find out, that was not what it wanted at all. 
I thought our discussion about rights went really well. I found so much horrific stuff about agent orange that I was repulsed and so upset that we were putting people through such cruelty. The other presentations were really interesting within this topic too. Workers harsh conditions, and the contradictory facts were so terrible to listen to. How can we not listen to the 99%? How are their voices so muted? Just liked the Diet for a Dead Planet is saying, we are eating labor. We are depending on half the world in just our breakfast. These are such weird and revolutionary thoughts, I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment